Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Yield: 2 servings
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 mushrooms
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 tbs bell pepper, any color, finely chopped (about 1/4 of a bell pepper)
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil, finely chopped*
- 1 tbs olive oil
*dried basil will work as well, or you can try other herbs you may have such as parsley or rosemary.
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Wash the mushrooms and snap off their stems. Pat the caps dry with a paper towel but don't discard the stems! They can be used in another dish or you can even chop them up and add them to step 3.
- In an small bowl, combine goat cheese, bell pepper, pepper, and basil and mix well. Set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a small dish and using your fingers, coat the tops and sides of the caps only with a thin layer of olive oil. Do not put oil on the underside of the caps (where the stems were).
- Place the oiled caps upside down on a baking sheet or dish. Using a small spoon, scoop out equal amounts of the goat cheese mixture and stuff the underside of each cap making sure to press the mixture down into the all the crevices.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. If you want slightly golden cheese, switch the oven from bake to broil during the last minute.
- Remove promptly and allow to cool slightly before eating.