Prep Time: 8 minutes Yield: 18 oz
This homemade mayo takes less than 10 minutes to make and keeps for up to 4 weeks so long as you store in a clean, airtight container and use clean utensils when dipping into it! I use this to make egg salad, tuna salad, as a spread on my lettuce leaf sandwiches or portobello bun burgers, etc. You can even add things like mustard, Sriracha, honey, roasted garlic, dill, relish, or spices (try chipotle for a smokey mayo!) to it for various flavored spreads! Have fun! :)
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1.5 tbs lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1 cup olive oil
WHAT TO DO
- Add egg, lemon juice, and ground mustard to a food processor, blender, or immersion blender reservoir.
- Switch on and blend until frothy.
- Add oil in a SLOW, thin, steady stream.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for several hours before using. Refrigeration allows it to cool and set.